Job Focus & Responsibilities
We are seeking an analytical, result-driven Email Marketing Manager who will be responsible for implementing and growing our email marketing efforts across all Literally Media properties.
You will be joining the Literally Media team as the lead for all email marketing activities. This is a key role where you will be responsible for all aspects of the email marketing funnel; audience development, list-building, segmentation, campaigns, sending, reporting, and email-specific revenue initiatives.
A successful candidate should feel confident with the implementation, measurement, and optimization of all email marketing related technologies, strategies, and campaigns. The candidate will report directly to our Head of Product and Technology, in Brooklyn, NY.
- Audience development: responsible for email list growth across Literally Media’s portfolio of sites.
- Implementation of email marketing programs and related strategies across all sites.
- Continuous testing and optimization of all facets of the email programs; audience segmentation, personalization, split testing, template & creative design, subscriber widgets.
- Collaboration with editorial teams for ideation of newsletter programs, content, and creatives.
- Daily measurement and reporting of all activities. Oversee and manage the reporting for related business units on defined KPIs and targets, maintain a weekly tracking dashboard.
- Identify and execute email-specific ad revenue models.
- Minimum of 3+ years of email marketing experience
- Demonstrable experience executing and optimizing email marketing campaigns
- Experience in media and publishing is a MUST.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working with product teams.
- Experience leveraging data to drive strategic direction and optimize programs.
- Expertise in ESP/CRM platforms and all email best practices.
- Fundamental understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Basic Photoshop skills are a plus.
- A passionate leader, self-driven, and resourceful individual.
Memebase is hiring!
Memebase is the dank wing of the Cheezburger family, specializing in Internet culture and meme trends. We’re looking for highly motivated candidates to bring their unique perspective of the Internet to life. This is a full-time position in Brooklyn, NY.
We’re hiring for an editor. That means you’ll be working on lists, articles, videos and whatever we end up choosing to do on any given day. You’ll be supported by a team of highly experienced editors, who have a deep understanding of online publishing. We believe in being self-driven, but also supporting each other to be successful. With a strong emphasis on experimentation (as well as being data-driven) our focus is on creating a fun experience for our audience.
First and foremost we’re looking for internet nerds, like us, who want to work in a fun and creative work environment, making content that people want to read.
- Find and groom content for the site
- Help manage Memebase’s social media (Facebook, Pinterest, IG)
- Stay up to date on relevant cultural events and trending topics
- Work within the team to brainstorm the next fun/dumb thing
- Bring a unique perspective to your work
- Creating content that brings the Memebase brand to life
- Be vigilantly looking for the next big thing
- Cooperating and executing alongside all Literally Media teams
- You must be internet savvy
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized
- Commitment to having a positive, cooperative outlook
- College degree preferred (not required)
- You must be able to commute to our Greenpoint office (when the world isn’t on fire)
- Tell us where you consume memes
- Tell us what sites you currently visit
- Tell us what subreddits you go to
- Tell us why you’d be a good fit here at Memebase
- Submit at least 2 pieces of relevant writing
- Your Resume
Compensation – $45,000 Annually
Benefits Offered – Dental, Life, Medical, Vision