Literally Media’s Content department is looking for a talented writer/editor, who both enjoys and understands Internet culture and who is passionate about all things animal-related.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Write humorous paragraphs/blurbs, summing-up meme lists, articles, etc.
- Search for trending/new content that could fit our global audience.
- Strategically link the blurbs to each other as well as to other content.
- Work together with the creative team to strategize new ways for brand growth.
- Native English speaker (a must!)
- Excellent grammar skills and story-telling abilities
- Passion for animals and animal-related content
- Creative and takes initiative
- Must love and understand internet culture, pop culture and web communities (Seriously, you must love the internet, weird YouTube, reaction gifs, dank memes and all…)
- Experience in content writing/editing/publishing on social media platforms – a significant advantage
- Ability/experience in creating content (advantageous, but not required, we will train)
- Skills in video creation/editing – an advantage
Job Focus & Responsibilities
We are seeking a creative, analytical and result-driven individual who will be responsible for developing, implementing, and growing email marketing programs across all Literally Media brands.
As the lead of email programs, you will be working with the editorial, creative, revenue, and product teams to lead the development and execution of newsletter strategies. You will have the opportunity to build personalized newsletter experiences, through captivating content, and data-driven planning. This is a key, hands-on, role where you will be responsible for all aspects of the email marketing funnel; audience development, list-building, segmentation, campaign management, reporting, and execution of email-specific revenue initiatives.
A successful candidate should feel confident with:
- Development of custom email marketing programs on cracked.com, cheezburger.com, knowyourmeme.com, and ebaumsworld.com
- Being responsible for email list growth on each of the sites and deliver on annual audience growth targets
- Daily management of content and collaborating with editorial teams for ideation of newsletter programs, content, and creatives
- Continuous testing and optimization of all facets of the email programs; audience segmentation, personalization, split testing, template & creative design, and subscriber widgets
- Daily measurement and reporting of all activities. Oversee and manage the reporting for related business units on defined KPIs and targets, maintain a weekly tracking dashboard
- Working closely with the Revenue Operations team to execute ad revenue campaigns
- 5+ years experience leading email products in a digital publishing company
- An audience-first mentality with experience developing smart email content strategies
- Experience in audience growth through leveraging data to drive strategic direction
- Demonstrable experience executing and optimizing email marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding of email best practices
- Understand CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR requirements and inbox deliverability standards
- Expertise in ESP/CRM platforms
- Fundamental understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Photoshop skills are a plus
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues of all levels
- Highly organized, adaptable, analytical, and motivated individual who can juggle multiple projects and initiatives across a multitude of teams and brands
Hours: This is a full-time, 40 hours a week position, but the candidate must be able to work flexible hours to meet deadlines.
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Start Date: ASAP
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company:
Literally Media is a digital publishing house that owns and operates a collection of highly successful humor and entertainment websites. The portfolio of legendary digital brands includes eBaum’s World, Cheezburger, Know Your Meme, and Cracked, which dominate the entertainment market with over 50 million organic users a month.
Be part of the most exciting and fulfilling company in the local digital media space, where we reach millions of people across the world with fun, entertaining brands they keep coming back to. This is a full-time position based remotely, with the option to work out of our offices in Brooklyn, NY.
Literally Media is searching for an experienced, full-time, Ruby on Rails web developer to join the KnowYourMeme team. Responsibilities include the full-stack ownership and development of the KnowYourMeme application, platform, and infrastructure. Ideal candidates include self-starters with a passion for the internet and technology, with an emphasis on supporting the growth of the site, brand, and community.
This mid-senior level position comes with a lot of responsibility. You will be architecting and implementing site features in their entirety which will then be served to tens of millions of users per month. You will report to our Head of Product & Technology and work closely with various teams throughout the organization.
About Development at Literally Media:
At Literally Media, we work together to craft software and features that make us proud. We care about our customers and strive to meet the needs of the Monetization, Business, and Editorial teams.
As a developer for KnowYourMeme, you’ll work with a small team of focused individuals who are serious about making a great product; and even more serious about having a great time interacting with our various teams spanning the globe. Every member of our team is vital and has the opportunity to influence the direction of the product, architecture, and the company at large.
We are an agile organization that embraces iterative development & continuous deployment with a key focus on data-driven decision making.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- At least 5 years of proven experience working as a software developer
- Applied knowledge and understanding of our Platform specifications (see below)
- Experience developing on front & backend consumer-facing websites
- Familiarity with commonly used front-end libraries, frameworks, and tools.
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Familiar with UX & UI best principles, with a keen eye for mobile and desktop design
- Proficient in architecting and integrating with a wide variety of web service APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning with git
- Proficient operating in a Linux environment
- A very high degree of intellectual curiosity, and a passion for software development
Optional (Nice to Have):
- Work experience with an online digital publisher
- Experience with DFP, Header Bidding, and Native Advertising
- Experience with Google Analytics
- An analytical mindset to facilitate the data-driven company needs
- Interest in Internet & Meme culture
- Experience integrating with Social Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field a plus
- Language: Ruby
- Framework: Ruby on Rails
- Databases: MySQL, Redis
- Caching: Memcache
- Infrastructure: Self-hosted, Ubuntu, Nginx/Unicorn web servers
- HAProxy Load Balancer
- Front End: Bootstrap, HAML
- Images: ImageMagick for processing, s3 for storage
- Deployment: Capistrano Ruby gem (SSH & Git)