Memebase is hiring!
Memebase is a brand that’s all about internet culture: trending memes, fun Reddit controversies, and whatever everyone is talking about on Twitter. It’s a part of the Literally Media family, which includes Know Your Meme, Ebaum’s World, Cracked, and Cheezburger.
We’re looking for a full-time editor to join the team. That means you’ll be working on lists and articles, writing content, and sometimes editing the work of others. You will also take part in managing all of our social media assets (TikTok literacy and enthusiasm are a plus). You’ll be supported by a team of highly experienced editors, who have a deep understanding of online publishing. We believe in being self-driven, but also supporting each other to be successful. With a strong emphasis on data-based performance, our focus is on creating a fun experience for our audience.
First and foremost, we’re looking for internet nerds, like us, who want to work in a fun and creative environment, making content that people want to read and engage with.
- Find and groom content for the site
- Help manage Memebase’s social media (Facebook, Pinterest, IG, TikTok)
- Stay up to date on relevant cultural events and trending topics
- Work within the team to brainstorm the next fun/engaging thing for our users to enjoy
- Bring a unique perspective to your work
- Write quickly and easily. This truly is a fast-paced environment
- Media and publishing experience (2+ years preferred)
- Professional Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram publishing experience
- You must be internet savvy
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized and quick on the keyboard
- Commitment to having a positive, cooperative outlook
- Experience with TikTok/IG reels creation is an advantage
- Tell us which websites you currently visit
- Tell us which subreddits you frequent
- Tell us why you’d be a good fit here at Memebase
- Submit at least 2 pieces of relevant writing (please check out our content first)
- Your resume
Hours: Full Time
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Start Date: ASAP
About Literally Media
Literally Media is a global digital media company that produces engaging content for hugely successful humor and entertainment websites. The portfolio of Literally’s legendary brands includes Cracked, Know Your Meme, eBaum’s World and Cheezburger, which dominate the humor and entertainment markets with over 50 million monthly unique monthly users, through digital, video and social platforms.
About Know Your Meme
Know Your Meme is an online encyclopedia and knowledge community dedicated to researching, documenting and explaining the origins, history and evolution of memes and internet culture at large. Founded in December of 2008, Know Your Meme’s research is handled by its independent professional editorial staff and community members. The site grew to reach more than 16 million people every month and is considered the most authoritative source on news, history and origins of viral phenomena and internet memes.
Know Your Meme Insights is a proprietary service that optimizes brands’ content generation and audience engagement through an expert-curated supply of viral social media trend research and a software empowered workspace. Our tools optimize every content creation decision that our partners make to ensure optimal creativity with their content and alignment with their audience.
We are seeking a Sales Manager for Know Your Meme Insights to take the lead on owning outbound lead generation, qualification, and conversion. You will be tasked with owning the sales operations and reporting on KPIs regularly. You will collaborate with adjacent team members, like inbound marketing, to optimize the sales funnel. The ideal candidate is well versed in B2B SaaS tech enterprise sales with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to help grow this business from 0 to 100!
- Lead generation, qualification, and conversion
- Reporting relevant sales data, metrics, and KPIs
- Innovating sales strategy
- Assisting on nurturing existing customers
- Collaborating with other teams
- Scaling sales team
- Managing future team members
- Proven sales track record of success
- 4-5 years in B2B SaaS sales
- Google Docs suite proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of current social media trends and internet memes
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and execute projects independently
- Superb time management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Know Your Meme, the world’s largest internet culture encyclopedia and database, is looking for an enthusiastic and entertaining host for video content published on numerous platforms, including Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. This position is for someone who is great on camera, can shoot their own video and is passionate about internet and meme culture. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives working as a part of a team and has a great sense of humor.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Strong presence on camera
- Experience in creating and optimizing digital content for social platforms (YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, etc)
- An eye for detail and proven ability to independently manage projects in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and agility to jump between projects with shifting schedules and deadlines
- Passion and literacy in memes and internet culture
- Good project management and time management skills
- Resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with people in-person as well as with people who are remote
- Strong brainstorming and ideation skills; ability to quickly learn and adapt to the KYM voice and style, and develop content and formats accordingly.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional video experience
- High skill level shooting and producing content
- Experience in script writing
- Experience in video editing
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Cracked began as a comedy magazine in 1958, jumped online in 2005, jumped onto YouTube in 2007, and is now looking for full-time video editors to guarantee that the site endures for another 10 million years, perhaps in the form of an omnipotent machine intelligence.
This position is to edit, film, and produce original video content around Cracked themes. This requires strong production and editing skills as well as a curious, creative mind for regularly coming up with ideas on what you think we should be covering on a daily basis. Additionally, you’ll need to be comfortable working with and seeking out a variety of contractors and freelancers in the video space.
At Cracked, you’ll enjoy an opportunity to be one of the first members of our relaunched video team as we strive to be an entertaining and authoritative daily destination for our growing audience to learn about our weird world and, hopefully, become more interesting at parties.
This position will have a role in all of our video initiatives including in-office shoots, one-off projects, video podcasts, pitching and creating new series, translating written content to video, livestreams, and more.
Cracked is part of the Literally Media family, which means you’ll be working alongside the teams of Know Your Meme, eBaum’s World, and Cheezburger (Fail Blog, Memebase, I Can Has Cheezburger).
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Familiarity with – and a deep understanding of – the “Cracked voice”.
- Experience manning a DSLR/Mirrorless Camera and directing a shoot.
- Experience editing/creating digital content for social and platforms (Youtube, etc.).
- Ability to translate others’ words/ideas into funny, engaging video content.
- High level of publishing knowledge for Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook and others.
- Great sense of humor with the ability to translate that to your video work.
- An eye for detail and proven ability to independently manage projects and contractors in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and agility to jump between projects with shifting schedules and deadlines.
- Experience in working independently and especially collaboratively with contractors.
- Ability to work with people in-person as well as with people who are remote.
- Strong brainstorming and ideation skills.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional editorial video experience
- High skill level in Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects, and Photoshop
- High skill level in audio cleanup, mixing, and sound design
- High skill level in color grading and correction
- Proficiency shooting video creatively on a DSLR/Mirrorless Camera
- Professional experience working on Snapchat content would be a massive plus.
- Comfortable in front of the camera is always nice, but not inherently necessary.
- Must be able to work out of our Brooklyn office
- Submit 5-10 applicable pieces that have you edited/filmed.
This is a full-time, 40 hours a week position, but the candidate must be able to work flexible hours to meet deadlines.
Our office in Brooklyn
About Literally Media
Literally Media is an independent global digital media company producing quality content for hugely successful humor and entertainment websites. The portfolio of Literally’s legendary brands includes Cracked, Know Your Meme, eBaum’s World and Cheezburger, which dominate the humor and entertainment markets with over 60 million unique monthly users, as well as dedicated extended audiences through digital, video and social platforms.
At Literally Media you’ll be working alongside experienced ad operations professionals, product leaders, and creative editors who understand online publishing and social media, who believe in being self-driven while also supporting each other to be successful. We believe in experimentation and creativity as well as being data-driven, and above all focusing on making it a fun experience for our audience and employees.
If you are a digital savvy sales professional, who understands the power of humor (and memes!) in brand storytelling and knows well the ins and outs of digital advertising, then Literally Media is the place to be. This position is ideal for someone who’s looking to grow with the company and take it to the next level.
Job Focus & Responsibilities
Literally Media is seeking an energetic, persuasive, analytical and hungry Media Sales Manager who is up to the challenge of setting new revenue records across a variety of our digital products.
The ideal candidate is capable of identifying business opportunities, negotiating deals and educating advertisers on how to increase their revenue with our portfolio of digital media products, such as video, branded content, newsletters and more.
What will you do:
- Develop a deep understanding of Literally Media’s digital products and content capabilities, as well as, creating a clear direction and strategy to achieve LM’s sales goals
- Drive the entire sales funnel including lead generation, meetings, RFP, negotiating, closing, and advising campaign cadence
- Identify new strategic clients, advertisers and partners; implementing an effective sales strategy
- Build strong and profitable relationships with key clients, and constantly grow revenue from existing and new partnerships
- Commit to a high activity sales culture, with freedom and responsibility guided by clear targets and KPIs
- Work collaboratively with ad operations and editorial teams to come up with new offerings
- 3+ years of experience in digital media sales
- Must be a hunter, self-starter, ambitious, and driven individual with excellent networking skills
- Highly resourceful, adaptable, and motivated person who can juggle multiple initiatives across multiple brands
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues of all levels
- Proven experience in closing and scaling sales
- Established client relationships
- Willingness to travel
- Comfortable working in high-pacing environment
Hours: This is a full-time position
Location: Herzliya, IL
Start Date: ASAP